- AEML welcomes new members
- posted 2014-04-29 11:21:27 by Sangaraju Shamungam
- Three new members joined our group. We warmly welcome and wish good luck.
- Our work on Bifunctional Electrocatalyst for Rechargeable Zinc-Air Battery based on CoMn2O4 nanoparticles-Graphene oxide hybrid has been accepted in Electrochemistry Communications
- posted 2014-01-30 09:44:31 by Sangaraju Shamungam
CoMn2O4 nanoparticles supported on N-doped reduced graphene oxide (CoMn2O4/N-rGO), for rechargeable zinc-air battery was prepared by a hydrothermal method. The CoMn2O4 supported on
nitrogen-doped graphene oxide showed better oxygen electrode potential compared with CoMn2O4 dispersed on graphene oxide. The zinc-air battery can be reversibly charged/discharged for hundred cycles with a good cycle performance.
- Attachments : ZAB_Rechar.png
- Carbon nanorods embedded with cobalt metal nanoparticles as an excellent electrode materials for electrochemical capacitors has been accetped in Electrochimica Acta
- posted 2014-01-18 15:06:11 by Sangaraju Shamungam
We describe a simple route to embed metallic cobalt nanoparticles in 1D carbon nanostructures as an efficient electrode material for electrochemical capacitors. Co-CNRs showed an impressive capacitance retention at high scan rate as well as at high discharge current. The porous carbon nanorods had excellent cycle stability at 50 mV per second for 5000 cycles in aqueous 0.5 M sulphuric electrolyte
- Attachments : CNR_SupCap.png
- Our recent work on the development of hierarchical Nanostructured NiCo2O4 as an Efficient Bifunctional Non-Precious Catalyst has been accepted in Nanoscale
- posted 2013-12-23 10:00:59 by Sangaraju Shamungam
- Attachments : TOC 21.png
- The work on Prussian blue nanocubes-carbon composite as non-precious catalyst for ORR was accepted for publication in Electrochimica Acta
- posted 2013-11-29 12:04:01 by Sangaraju Shanmugam
- We describe a simple approach for the Prussian blue nanocubes dispersed on carbon composite (PBC/C) as a non-precious catalyst for the electrochemical oxygen reduction reaction (ORR) in alkaline medium. The PBC/C catalyst exhibits 100 mV more positive onset potential than Prussian blue particles supported on carbon (PB/VXC-72) for ORR. Rotating disk electrode measurements showed that PBC/C had about 17 times higher oxygen reduction mass activity compared to the PB/VXC-72 physical mixture. PBC/C hybrid catalyst exhibited superior durability in aqueous alkaline medium compared with Pt/C and also provided low H2O2 production confirmed by rotating ring-disk electrode measurement.
- Attachments : TOC.tif
- Prof. Shanmugam is invited for APEnergy2014
- posted 2013-11-02 15:43:02 by Sangaraju Shanmugam
- Prof. Shanmugam is invited to deliver a talk in Asia Pacific Conference on Electrochemical Energy Storage and Conversion (APEnergy2014) will be held during 5-8 February 2014, Brisbane, Australia.
- Highly efficient Polyoxometalate-rGO hybrid catalyst for electrochemical oxidation of nitrite has been accepted in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces
- posted 2013-10-30 09:17:23 by Sangaraju Shanmugam
The deposition of POM on chemically reduced graphene oxide sheets was carried out through electron transfer interaction and electrostatic interaction between POM and graphene sheets to make a heterogeneous catalyst in aqueous media. The UV-VIS, IR and CV results revealed a strong interaction between the graphene oxide sheet and POMs via electron transfer interaction induced at the defect site on the graphene sheet, which altered the band gap energy (see scheme). Hybrid catalyst showed enhanced electro-oxidation of nitrite compared with pure homogeneous PMo and rGO. Based on our results, a wide range of hybrid materials can be prepared using different types of polyoxometalates, and such hybrid materials have potential applications in catalysis, sensors, and related fields.
- Attachments : POM-rGO.png
- SiO2/WO3 as a high performance HER catalyst has been accepted for the publication in the International Journal of Hydrogen Energy
- posted 2013-05-20 09:04:15 by Sangaraju Shanmugam
- Attachments : HER.png
- Gayoung Jo won best thesis award
- posted 2013-02-07 18:12:04 by Sangaraju Shanmugam
Miss Gayoung Jo's thesis was selected as a Best thesis for the academic year 2012.
We, AEML members Congratulate her for the great acheivement. Wish you a good luck and excels in research career at Samsung SDI.
- Taeeun Ahn won best poster presentation
- posted 2012-11-20 11:52:50 by Sangaraju Shanmugam
- Tae-eun Ahn won best poster presentation award from 5th International Workshop on Advanced Electrochemical Power sources & 6th Waseda Workshop on Electrochemistry, 16-18th November, Kumamoto University, Japan.