Publication > Conference
1. J. Sanetuntikul, S. Shannmugam, Fe-N doped carbon hollow spheres as a efficient non-precious oxygen reduction catalyst in alkaline medium, Korean Electrochemical Society Fall meeting, Nov. 8-10, 2012, Jeju, Korea.
2. P. Ramakrishnan, S. Shannmugam, S.-G. Park, Surfactant assisted Cobalt sulfide-Manganese oxide composite electrode material for supercapacitor applications, Korean Electrochemical Society Fall meeting, Nov. 8-10, 2012, Jeju, Korea
3. Jo, S. Shanmugam, Boron and Phosphorus co-doped graphene as metal –free catalysts for oxygen reduction reaction in alkaline medium, 222nd ECS and PRiME joint meeting, October 7 -12, 2012, Honolulu, USA.
4. K. Kriangsak, Y. Kim, S. Shanmugam, Fabrication and characterisation of SBPPO based membrane electrolyte for direct methanol fuel cells, presented at International Fuel Cell workshop 2012, Aug. 2-3, 2012, Kofu, Japan.
5. S. Shanmugam, Hetero-atom doped carbon nanocapsules, and graphene as noble metal free catalysts for oxygen reduction reaction, presented at International Conference on Materials Science and Technology, June 10-14, 2012, Kottayam, Kerala, India.
6. K. Kriangsak, S. Jakkid, R. Prakash, S. Shanmugam, Fabrication and characterization of SbPPO reinforced E-spun conducting fibers as a novel proton conducting membrane for PEMFC, presented at 10th ISE spring meeting, April 15-18, 2012, Perth, Australia.
7. W. Suh, R. Prakash, S. Shanmugam, Oxygen reduction activities of Pt and Pt-Ni supported on graphene, presented at 10th ISE spring meeting, April 15-18, 2012, Perth, Australia.
8. G. Jo, S. Shanmugam, Boron-doped carbon nanostructures as non-precious oxygen reduction reaction catalyst in alkaline medium, presented at 10th ISE spring meeting, April 15-18, 2012, Perth, Australia.
9. S. Jakkid, K. Kriangsak, S. Shanmugam, Fabrication and electrocatalytic oxygen reduction activity of Pt-Fe nanofiber prepared by electrospinning, presented at 10th ISE spring meeting, April 15-18, 2012, Perth, Australia.
10. S. Shanmugam, Nitrogen doped carbon nanoshells derived from pyrolysis of bio-polymers as a non-precious metal catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction, presented at 10th ISE spring meeting, April 15-18, 2012, Perth, Australia.
11. S. Shanmugam, T. Osaka, High performance of Pt supported on nitrogen doped carbon nanocapsules for oxygen reduction reaction, presented at 6th Asian Conference on Electrochemical Power Sources, Jan. 5-8, 2012, Chennai, India.
12. S. Shanmugam, Nitrogen doped carbon nanocapsules as a non-precious electrocatalyts for oxygen reduction reaction, presented at Advanced Electrochemical Energy Symposium, Dec. 28-30, 2011, HKUST, Hong Kong, China.
13. S. Shanmugam, T. Momma, and T. Osaka, Enhanced oxygen reduction activity and stability of Pt supported on nitrogen-doped carbon nanocapsules, presented at 62nd Annual ISE meeting, Sep. 11-16, 2011, Niigata, Japan.
14. S. Shanmugam, H. Nara and T. Osaka, Nanocomposite of TiO2 and carbon as anode material for lithium batteries, presented at 61 Annual ISE meeting, Sep 26-Oct 1, 2010, Nice, France
15. S. Shanmugam, H. Nara and T. Osaka, One-dimensional rare earth oxycarbonates coated with amorphous carbon as a possible pseudo capacitors, presented at 2010 International Conference on Advanced Capacitors, May 31-June 2, 2010, Kyoto, Japan.
16. S. Shanmugam, H. Zhang, T. Nakanishi and T. Osaka, “Magnetite-chitosan nanocomposite as highly efficient gene transfection vector for mouse embryonic stem cells” presented in 13th Asian Chemical Congress, Shangai, China, September 14-16, 2009.
17. S. Shanmugam, S. Takahama, H. Zhang, T. Nakanishi and T. Osaka, “Bioinspired synthesis of magnetite nanoparticles and their internalization into breast cancer and umbilical vein endothelial cells” presented in 6th International conference on Biomedical applications of Nanotechnology, March 4-6, Berlin 2009.
18. S. Shanmugam and T. Osaka, “Controlled synthesis and Magnetic properties of Iron oxide nanostructures using biogenic polyamines” presented in Joint 214 ECS meeting and PRiME 2008,
October 12-17, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2008.
19. H. Zhong, S. Takahama, T. Nakanishi, S. Shanmugam and T. Osaka, Bioassys of nanomaterials biosafety in stem cells, ASMeW International symposium, August 27-28, Tokyo, Japan, 2008.
20. G. S Suresh, A. Mitelman, S. Shanmugam, E. Pollak, E. Levi, M. Levi, D. Aurbach, Preparation and Characterization of New Chevrel Phases as Cathodes for Rechargeable Magnesium Batteries, 72 Meeting of Israel Chemical Society", February 6-7, Tel-Aviv, Israel, 2006.
21. S. Shanmugam and A. Gedanken, TiO2@C core-shell composite as a potential support for fuel cell electrocatalysts, "The Jubilee Nanotechnology Symposium", May 29-31, Bar-Ilan University, Israel, 2006.
22. S. Shanmugam and A. Gedanken, Synthesis of Bamboo-shaped Multiwalled carbon nanotubes by solid state pyrolysis and its electrochemical studies, "71 Meeting of Israel Chemical Society", February 27-28, Tel-Aviv, Israel, 2006.
23. S. Shanmugam, B. Viswanathan and T. K. Varadarajan, Preparation of platinum supported carbon electrodes using photochemically reduced heteropolyanions in composite films, "The 2004 Fuel cell Seminar", November 1-5, San Antonio, USA. 2004.
24. S. Shanmugam, B. Viswanathan and T.K. Varadarajan, Nanocrystalline supported noble metal electrocatalysts – An unconventional reduction method, "13th International Congress on Catalysis", July 11-16, Paris, France. 2004.
25. S. Shanmugam, B. Viswanathan and T. K. Varadarajan, A novel method for the preparation of embedded silver nanoparticles in organic-inorganic nanocomposite, "Chemists’ Meet", IIT Madras March 26-27, 2004.
26. B. Viswanathan, S. Shanmugam and T.K. Varadarajan, Inorganic (polyoxometalate) – organic composite – their exploitation as device materials, "3rd National symposium & conference on solid-state chemistry and allied areas" IIT Delhi, Dec 4-6, 2003.
27. S. Shanmugam, B. Viswanathan and T.K. Varadarajan, Esterification by solid acid catalysts - a comparison, "Catsym-16, Indo-German conference on catalysis" Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, Feb 6-8, 2003.
28. S. Shanmugam, B. Viswanathan and T.K. Varadarajan, Polyoxometalate thin film device with Photo/electro chromic effects, "Chemists’ Meet", IIT Madras Dec 7-8, 2002.
29. Ch. Subrahmanyam, S. Shanmugam, B. Viswanatan, and T. K. Varadarajan, Synthesis and characterization of transition metal incorporated MCM-48, CATSYMP-15 & IPCAT-2, January, National Chemical Laboratory, Pune, India .